Cream of Onion Soup
|White / Spanish Onions||2|
|Chicken / Vegetable stock||1 ltr|
|Fresh cream||100 ml|
|Salt & pepper||to taste|
|Spring Onion rings to garnish|
1) Slice onions and sweat it in a pot with butter and garlic.
2) Mix flour and butter in equal quantities to make a roux.
3) Add to onions and cook slowly, on moderate heat so as to extract all the flavor of the onions.
4) Add stock and bring to boil, whisking continuously to prevent lumps or burning.
5) When boiled, reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 mins.
6) Take off heat and put through a blender.
7) Pour into bowls, add cream and serve, garnished with green onion rings.
Vegetarian option: Use vegetable stock instead of chicken.